5.18.2008

what i was going to say

During worship Pastor Gary asked us to testify something that God has done for all of us on the trip. Unfortunately, we ran out of time for everyone to speak. So I figured I would steal Jacob's idea and blog about it.
Everyone that spoke mentioned the love of the people exemplified throughout the mission trip. However, I'm going to take a bit of a different route. Don't get me wrong, the people of Haiti were undoubtedly loving and lovable. But there is something else that must be mentioned. The protection God granted us. In Haiti, there are walls surrounding the people's property and most everyone has a guard dog. I believe that the walls around the school were more than physical protection, they were also for spiritual protection. Once we were outside of those walls, Satan would try to break us down. I know I felt it and I'm sure the rest of the group felt it as well. In all of it though, God was protecting us. From the flight delay in Miami to the land dispute to the sickness most everyone got. God's hand was over us in this life changing trip to Haiti. The love of the people was overwhelming however, the protection of God was astounding. God had a special plan and purpose for all of us going. I know that through this trip, not only did I learn more about God and His creation, I also learned more about the group that I was blessed to be a part of. God honestly blessed me in this trip and I pray that I continue to follow God's will in my life. Thanks to all who went, it was truly amazing.

2 comments:

Sarah Marie said...

I am thankful that you were all protected. God is Good.

Jacob said...

well, said, kelly :)

welcome to blogspot!