6.06.2008

To Sarah


My wonderful friend, whom will remain anonymous continues to taunt me about the updated-ness of my blog. Which is the reason I am here. Ok so on to the update...After coming back from Haiti I can assure you I am not the same. There is a new perspective of life that I see. The way that people treat others in the states is completely different from the way the Haitians do. I can go on for hours about the things that I saw or learned while in Haiti, but that is for another time.
Shortly after my return from Haiti, Sarah and I went to Virginia to visit her dad. It was amazing! The mountains, the sweet tea, the dog show....everything was excellent. Her father is absolutely fabulous! I took some photo's of the state and different activities we did. Stan, her father's partner, took us to a restaurant called Macado's. It was the craziest place I had seen in awhile. The decor was interesting to say the least, but it was a great time. We also went to a dog show. This was my first experience with a dog show, and let me just tell you, it was so cool! I saw big fuzzy dogs, short fuzzy dogs, and dogs that looked like mops. We were there because Stan was showing a whip-it named Miss Minnie, and she won 2 ribbons and 1 point. I'm not quite sure what the 1 point is about, even though they explained it to me a billion times. All I know is that it was good :)
I've been home for a couple of days and on Monday I leave again to go to Logan Valley. The church that I am interning with is taking the kids to Theology Camp there. So my friend whom shall remain anonymous I won't update until I return. Camp will be fun, we're supposed to be going a float trip and doing other un-planned activities :) K that's it for now...my blog has been updated.

2 comments:

Sarah Marie said...

awww...I feel special...I am glad you are my friend and that we have great memories together.

Jacob said...

Kelly,

That's awesome. Have fun at theology camp. Don't do anything stupid, like staying up past 11pm. :)