3.29.2009

Medium, coffee, anywhere

Usually I do well with change. I am not one of those people who get all bent out of shape and have a bad attitude about it. I realize that everything in this world changes. However, sometimes change is hard to adapt to. I'm sure I'm not the only person in the world that has experienced this. For instance, when my parents divorced it was really hard for me adjust. I took on a lot of responsibility, more than I needed to at 13 years of age. And a few years later I found myself being kicked out of my father's house, that was a hard circumstance to embrace. Moving from the country to the city for school, that was really tough for me. I had to learn where everything was. I had to teach myself how to properly drive on the interstate and the purpose of a stoplight. As crazy as this sounds, there was not one stoplight in my entire county. I've experienced change that I did not like.
 Even the dynamics of relationships change and sometimes it's a beautiful thing. Other times, well it's a not so beautiful thing. When my parents broke up, there was a change in the relationship. Not only theirs but, all of ours. Adam and I looked at dad differently. I had a different opinion of my mom. Adam and I grew closer. Even the relationships with our extended family changed due to the divorce. Although Adam and I are still very close, my relationship with my mom is still rocky. Dad and I have no relationship and some of my extended family will never get it. 
As graduation approaches at a 100 miles an hour, I am reminded that soon everything will change. I will officially be on my own, have bills, be expected to be an adult, and everything else that comes with it. While I am excited to experience this new chapter of my life, I am utterly terrified. I'm scared because I don't know what to expect. I am reminded everyday via news, the job market is not doing so well. That's just what I want to hear! I've put in so many resumes and have been online for hours looking for jobs. It's depressing. Sometimes I wish I could just go back to the time I was in elementary school. When coloring in the lines meant getting an A, nap time was required, recess three times a day, and where getting married was a fairytale. Oh those where the days! It's hard to believe that 23 years have gone by so fast. 
With all the changes that are weeks away, I just want to run and hide from time. But knowing that is pretty much impossible, I have to get over my fears and realize this will get easier. 
OK so now on to the song for the week, right? With all the change taking place I thought it would be good to have a song that counteracts that. Something that would just relax and remind me that I am not in control but that I serve a God that is. Therefore, the song of the week (the suspense is killing you I know ;) is...God of all Glory by Jeremy Riddle. If you are unfamiliar with Riddle, may I suggest that you stop living under that rock and check him out! 
Sorry for the abrupt ending but I must rush outta here, I have class that I'm almost late for. 

1 comment:

Sarah Marie said...

I always love reading your blog. I know these last few weeks will be crazy. But girl you have got a good head on your shoulders and a God who is way greater than you are! I cant wait to see you walk across that stage, in a dress, might I add!