3.06.2009

Pick of the week for this week...Zephyr Song by Red Hot Chili Peppers. With the kick off of Spring Break and the amazing weather we're having, the song fits perfect. This has been a pretty mellow week and the song has a tranquil disposition. The Zephyr Song is a great way to start Spring Break. I have realized that I am not that familiar with the Red Hot Chili Peppers. I have several songs of theirs on my ipod but haven't them much attention, that may change now. 
So with this being the start of Spring Break I have a few goals in mind for the week. The first one is to do all my homework. With graduation rapidly approaching, I find myself having more homework than I realize and want to get that all done before getting too stressed out. The second goal is to shop effectively for the apartment. My brother and sister are going to help me out on that :) Thirdly, I want to discover an interesting place in St. Louis. I've lived here for 3 years now and keep going back to the same locations...I want something different. Then there is always the trivial things like, clean my car, keep my room clean, go through the clothes...but those aren't any fun so why bore you with those details! 
In the midst of all this craziness and stress I want to encourage you to not lose focus on the one you were created for. It is hard to balance time, work, friends, family and everything else that comes along with life. However, I bid you all to take time and focus on our Creator. God's beauty and sovereignty, love and justice, grace and mercy the list is everlasting. That is my ultimate goal this Spring Break. We were created to worship...let's get busy worshiping! John 4:23 says, "the hour is coming and is now here when true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth, for the Father is seeking such people to worship Him." God wants us to worship Him so what are you waiting for?

1 comment:

Sarah Marie said...

1. You are a really great writer.
2. I love that Song.
3. I will miss you this week, but I will help you find a new place when I get back!